Monday, August 6, 2012

A Very Hungry Caterpillar Baby Shower

Handpainted Wall Hanging

I was very honored to host a baby shower for my Brother and Sister-in-law (and their little caterpillar still in his cocoon). I wanted to throw a 'Build-a-Library' shower, and decided to stick with one book for the theme. This is a favorite at my house- my 5 year old "reads" it to anyone who will listen!

I did most everything myself, from designing the invitation to baking the goodies as well as the diaper cake. Of course I made a diaper cake!!


I had the best time planning this cake, and searching for just the right "ingredients". The Fuzzy caterpillar and the rattle were my favorite additions- I found them in the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art's online store.


Love that fuzzy little caterpillar


Onesie "lollipops" and washcloth "candies"


This Diaper Cake (or something very similar) can be custom-ordered through my Etsy Shop.

I'll be posting more shower pics complete with Caterpillar-friendly recipes on my other blog, Baked by Beth. Check it out!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment